In 2014, SBNC hired its first full time licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) with the goal of moving towards a fully Integrated Healthcare system, in accordance with the Affordable Care Act.
Call Now to schedule your appointment: 805.617.7889
Other clinics in Santa Barbara have had co-located primary care and behavioral health, but SBNC is the first to have shared assessment and treatment planning. It is the difference between “working in the same sandbox” and working on the same sandcastle.
Our goal in “whole person medicine” is to take into consideration a person’s body, mind, spirit, and the environment in which they live. Environment may include challenges in access to care, a patient’s support system, and resources available to them.
Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics Integrated Healthcare Services include:
- Bio-psycho-social assessments
- Psychotherapy to patients (12 years and older)
- Parenting consults for children of all ages
- Drug and alcohol counseling for adolescents and adults
- Social service consults and connection with community resources
- Assistance with disability paperwork
- Support with Primary Care treatment plans
- Crisis intervention for patients in clinic
- Facilitating care between patient, primary care, psychiatric agency (if needed), and broader community
The Santa Barbara Neighborhood Clinics Behavioral Health Department collaborates with a large number of other organizations that are important to Behavioral Health within our community. Among those collaborators are: Cottage Health , Council on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism (CADA), Doctors Without Walls, Family Service Agency, Hospice of Santa Barbara, and several departments within the Santa Barbara County Public Health Department including: Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health Services (ADMHS), the Department of Rehabilitation, and the Department of Social Services.
Appointments available Monday—Thursday:
To make an appointment: Call (805) 617-7889